Early Childhood Center Offerings
The Early Childhood Center (ECC) is Blessed Sacrament School’s center-based, developmental Catholic preschool. Our ECC provides a vibrant educational program that challenges children ages 3 to 5 years of age according to their developmental readiness and their unique abilities. The “Foundation Blocks for Learning” developed by the Commonwealth of Virginia provide the basis for the curriculum to include literacy, mathematics, science, history, social sciences, and physical and social/emotional development. The “Kindergarten Readiness Testing” results show that our ECC gives a solid foundation for English/Language Arts and Math skills for success in the elementary years.
Running September through May, our ECC offers 4 classes for preschoolers, divided by age. All preschool students must be 3 years of age by Sept. 30 (fully potty-trained; no pull-ups are allowed). Class sizes run 16:2 or 18:2 for a student/teacher ratio (reduced class sizes for 2021-22 school year).
We offer 2-day, 3-day, and 5-day classes:
- 2-day (Fuzzy Bears-A: Tuesday and Thursday) 3 years by 9/30 (at this time not offered for the 2021-22 school year)
- 3-day (Fuzzy Bears-B: Monday, Wednesday, Friday) 3 years by 9/30 (at this time not offered for the 2021-22 school year)
- 5-day (Fuzzy Bears-C: Monday through Friday) 3 years by 9/30 (at this time not offered for the 2021-22 school year)
- 5-day (1/2 day Sunshines) 3 and 4 year olds, must be 3 yrs. by 9/30 for the 2021-22 school year
- 5-day (3/4 day Rainbows/Shooting Stars) 4 yrs. by 6/30
The ECC school day runs from 8:45 – 11:45am for Fuzzy Bear and Sunshine classes. Rainbow and Shooting Star classes begin at 8:45am and dismiss at 1:30pm. Please visit ECC Extended Day Program to learn details of our before and after school care options.